Since I last wrote… I have attended a Yankee’s baseball game, met a New York Times best selling author, visited Brooklyn for the first time, shopped on 5th Avenue, visited the Trump Tower and so much more. I have truly accomplished so much in one week.
Starting at last weekend….
Saturday my roommate Julie and I decided to take a visit to 5th Avenue… home to some of the priciest brands and well-known NYC landmarks. We started at the bottom, where Bryant Park is, and worked our way up to the end at Central Park. I must say… Bryant Park is one of the prettiest and most peaceful places… smack dab in the middle of America’s largest city. We first went in to some of the more “affordable” stores, like H&M and Forever. As we worked our way up the avenue, we started to run into the stores we only dreamed about owning something from. Some of the stores, like Prada and Harry Winston, won’t even allow tourists inside. You must be a well known client or make an appointment. We did however get to go into Tiffany & Co. That place just made me depressed… some of the most beautiful rings I’ve ever seen. Maybe one day I’ll own a ring from there :). Julie and I also visited the famous FAO Swartz, Trump Tower and walked through The Plaza hotel. After a long and pretty successful day of shopping, we headed to dinner at Juniors. They are known for their cheesecake… it’s supposed to be the best in the City. So we put it to the test, even though I am not a huge fan of the dessert, and it turns out it really is the best cheesecake I’ve ever had.
I couldn’t wait for Sunday to get here because Julie and I had tickets to the Yankees vs. Rays baseball game. Attending a game at Yankee Stadium is a “must” if you are in the city. The stadium is just absolutely gorgeous and the atmosphere is incredible. Imagine a typical baseball game, and times that by 10. The energy is just amazing and the fans are diehard… it’s nothing like I’ve ever seen. A Yankee’s game is very nostalgic and the energy of the crowd was incredible, all thanks to Jeter reaching his 3,000th hit the night before. I wish I could have been there for that one. If I had time I would love to attend another game. Although I did wear a Yankee’s tattoo, and yes it was fake, and cheered for them, that was a once in a lifetime experience. I love my Braves and would never trade teams, but attending a Yankees game is definitely an amazing experience I’ll never forget.
This past week I worked with the Regions Producer at Fox. I did pretty much the same thing I’ve been doing, but have really perfected my broadcast writing skills. In one week I wrote about 50 scripts. On Thursday I even got to be producer for a day. It was pretty stressful but gave me great insight into what it’s really like to be a producer. In the week coming up I get to work with the Package Producer. I am sort of dreading this week only because being a package producer is a very hard job. I have to be at work an hour and a half earlier every day to attend the morning planning meeting. We will work on two packages for the day. Basically we will choose the most important topic for the day, research it, write a two to three minute script, wire it over to a reporter on location, have them read through the script, sift through footage to accompany the package, go into an editing room for three hours, put the package together with the editor, then feed it over the server for the news. Sounds like a lot… it is. It’s going to be a long and tiring week.
Billy Ray Cyrus on Fox and Friends
As for this weekend, it’s been kind of relaxed. Friday night, my roommate Julie and I met my coworker Whitney in Brooklyn. This was our first time there and boy did I love it. It’s like the suburb of the city. There aren’t nearly as many people over there and it’s just absolutely gorgeous. We ate dinner and then walked down the Brooklyn Promenade. If you want to see the most gorgeous views of the city, visit the promenade at sunset. I’ve never seen something so magnificent. You can see all of Manhattan, as well as the Brooklyn Bridge. Lights are still on in the buildings and the sun is setting in the background. We literally just sat there and took it all in. At home you can visit the mountains and have your breath taken away by nature, but here the tall buildings all scrunched together on a tiny island, with the beautiful lights and water below you… is just truly breathtaking.
I currently have 18 days, about three weeks, left here. There is still so much I haven’t done yet. I know it’s hard to believe and I cannot believe all I’ve experienced thus far. I still want to visit the Statue of Liberty, take the Staten Island Ferry, walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, walk through Central Park, and take a day trip to Washington D.C. I’ve got two more weekends here, so I’ve got to make them count. I hope to get all of this done before I leave.
I miss everyone back home and hope everyone is doing well. Shout out to my most loyal followers, Nana and Papa. Love you both!!
Till next time, XOXO
Kristyn
No comments:
Post a Comment