When I first learned that I was going to have to keep a blog for my internship class this summer, I was a little less than thrilled. I thought it would be tedious and I would probably lose track of writing entries. However, I have come to realize this could actually be fun. I can share all of my experiences with you all and you can follow me on my journey to the Big Apple.
I will be in New York City for 10 weeks, arriving May 29 and departing August 6. This will be the first summer I have not lived in Knoxville, but I am excited to do something different for a change. I would be lying if I told you I wasn’t nervous, because frankly I am terrified. Not only am I leaving the south, but I'm also moving to the largest city in the U.S. Not having my family 30 minutes down the road is going to be hard. Luckily I will know my roommate Julie. Although I’m nervous, I am also very excited for all that’s in store. Interning for Fox News has been my dream for as long as I can remember, so this is definitely the right move for me.
I will be living in the Greenwich Village area. I am really excited about the area I’ll be living in. It’s outside of the main city, so there isn't any skyscrapers and the hustle and bustle of Manhattan. Greenwich is a very young part of the city, mostly college students. I don’t know a lot about the area, but I’m really excited to explore. I’ve already received the list of my roommates, and surprise, surprise, I’m sharing one apartment with eight girls. They really pack you in! haha We have three bedrooms, who knows how many bathrooms (hopefully more than one, that’d be a nightmare if eight girls shared one bathroom ha), and a kitchen/living area. I am anxious to see what this place looks like. However, if I can live in South Carrick, I can live anywhere. ha
I have spent the past several days packing up my room. It’s very bittersweet. While I’m really excited to go to New York, I’m really sad I wont be spending the summer here in Knox with my friends and family. I’m really going to miss everyone! I know it’s only 10 weeks, but I haven’t been away from my friends and family for more than a week. However, this was another reason why I wanted to create the blog. Not only to satisfy a class requirement, but to keep in touch with everyone. I will write about all of my adventures, every place I visit, every person I meet, every task I complete at Fox. If it happens, you’ll read about it here. I hope to write every night, but once the summer gets going it’ll probably be once a week lol I have already made a list of things I want to do and see here in NYC, but if you know the area, please let me know of fun things to do. I’ve already done the touristy things, so it’ll be exciting to explore and see what it’s like to be a “city girl.” Now don’t worry, the city wont rub off on me. I’ll always be a southern girl at heart. I’ve already got my cowboy boots packed haha
I hope everyone enjoys reading my blog!! See you all in August!
New York City… I’ll be seeing you in 13 days!!!!!
ahhhh!!! you're going to have the time of your life! :)
ReplyDelete